Saturday, November 17, 2007

Discontent means good training

My first post is not a triumphant one. Today while training I fell on a simple movement and hurt my knee and bashed my head.
I have been feeling rather confident in myself lately as I have been intensifying my training and I have been adapting to it well. More repetition of movements that I remember being hard for me a year ago. Today I was working on being fluid with my movements while running full speed, something I do not do enough considering how important it is. On a simple speed vault I underestimated my speed and missed the rail with my hand and landed on my side from roughly four feet in the air. The thought that came to my mind after "Ow" was that my day of training had been ruined, I had only been our for two hours and still had a lot left in me, but as I sat there I realized that this may have been the perfect thing to happen to me, it knocked me off my high horse and reminded me that what we do is only dangerous when we start to feel content and that we don't need to be cautious or focused in order to do these movements.
The injuries are not serious in fact I would hardly call them injuries at all, I fell and banged some things on the ground and it hurt, but some ice and rest will leave me good as new tomorrow. Even so, I am discontent with myself I am aware that I am no where near as strong as I want to be, and I realize that my mind can become arrogant at the expense of my body. Today was possibly the most productive day of training I have had this month, and I have really been pushing myself all month. Tomorrow I will go out and start from the very beginning, it is the very best place to start.

On another note, I bought some delicious apples from a local orchard today, macintosh, they are dark red and tart, and each crisp bite makes me want to sink my teeth into it even further and massacre it's sweet flesh so that it taste haunts me every second I am not eating one. My good friend Paul is coming back home tonight, we haven't seen each other since we were in a parkour demonstration in New York City together. We might record some music which would be fun to put up on here. His blog is located at http://pvvmichael.blogspot.com/ . Im not sure is hes written anything yet, but by the time someone reads this he probably will.

I will wright about myself and what I do in the next post, but I felt I should start off with something that I felt deeply about and then move onto the boring stuff concerning my life.

-Taylor

No comments: